It’s been a day of good and bad, ups and downs, but I think it’s evening out to be ok.
- Still can’t find my wedding ring. Have looked in all likely and somewhat unlikely spots, it’s not revealing itself. Last place I saw it for sure was on the side of the tub after taking a shower, and I’m 99% sure I went and put it back on afterward (I remember making 2 trips upstairs for it.)
- Two nosebleeds today, one while driving to work. Think it’s something in the air.
- Found out that, while I don’t count my work as “done” until everything works and it looks right, other programmers count their stuff as 95% done just because the back end functions. 5% for a customer-facing page? Pissed that I get to clean it up, pissed that I’ve been routinely asked why I’m behind on my work while they look like go-getters, and pissed that I have to call them out on it.
- Sore from playing a full soccer game yesterday, not super-happy with my performance as center-mid with only 10 players on our side. Not really sure how to work on fitness at practice and still know that people will want to come back.
- We’re having steak for dinner.
- Got my kidney-function tests back today: normal function! (Improvement from 3 years ago, when they were just below normal.)
- Despite the daily “Why are you so behind?!” questioning, my mid-year performance review was great. Pros: not afraid to tell anyone I think they’re making a poor design decision. Also: team player and works well independently. Work on: learn more about how things get done at work, gain more in-store experience.
- A new kind of gluten-free pizza that I’ve been wanting to try is on sale this week at my nearest Kroger (which is not the one we usually go to.)
- Still really proud that we only lost 1-0 yesterday while playing with fewer players than the other team. Definitely thought we played as more of a team than the other side, amazed at the defense we put up, and can clearly see that it’s individual skills starting to hold us back, not team play or positioning skills. Since those are what I have been focusing our practices on, I’m really, really thrilled as a coach.
- Found out my bank, instead of simply changing the name on my account, has me listed as my own joint account holder.