- 1lb ground beef
- taco seasoning (or: cumin, garlic, chili powder, Aleppo pepper, lemon juice, onion powder, basil, marjoram)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- corn, a can or small package frozen
- 1 green pepper
- Make the rice
- Brown the beef, add the spices at the end, simmer a little in water to spread them out. Use a little extra taco seasoning.
- Cut the pepper into chunks
- Rice + beef, stir
- The put in the peppers & corn (drain if using canned) & tomatoes (don’t drain, just add), stir
- Add a little water if it seems dry
- 350 for 20 minutes
- then cheese the top
- Bake 10-20 more minutes, until the cheese begins to brown
We thought it was pretty good, and it made great lunch leftovers.